Sunday, September 8, 2013

Swansea, Wales

  
Welcome.  I just got back from my first weekend adventure, and we decided to head to Swansea, Wales.  When it came time to choose where we wanted to go we just looked for interesting cities along the coast line of either Wales or England, and after a little research on Thursday night, Swansea won. We got there Friday at dinner time with not really any plans for that night.  We explored the city and ate a quick dinner at the pub.  After walking around for a few hours we decided it might be a good time to find somewhere to stay.  The girls who came with me (Hannah, Michaela, Savannah, and Rachel) got a room in a cheap hotel. Us guys decided that the rooms were too expensive, mainly because they were trying to charge us for three rooms because supposedly they only allow two people to a room even though there were two queen size beds in each (the girls got lucky because the worker didn't see all four people go into their room that was supposed to be for two.)   So we continued on to another travel lodge which held three to a room. Andrew, Matt, and Zach all got in, but it was their last room available. So Alex, myself, and Luke had to improvise which ended in finding a cozy spot on the street. Don't worry though, we all had pocket knives just in case. I slept for about an hour or so, but honestly that night is up there for one the most miserable nights of my life, but hey, I'm alive (Lesson learned, try to book a place to stay before you go to another country.) Also, I know my mom and dad who are reading this will not be happy finding out their son slept on the street for a bit, but I just want to personally tell y'all it won't happen again and I now have more motivation than ever to make a living one day to avoid that lifestyle. It ended up turning out to be a nice start to the next day since we were basically awake the whole night we got to start exploring at seven o'clock.  We scaled a big hill in Swansea and got a great view (pic above.) Later that day, we met up with the whole group and went to a bay in Swansea called, Rhossili, which is considered one of the nicest beaches in the entire UK.  Zach and I decided to be a bit more adventurous and walked all the way out to the very end of this rock/cliff off in the distance. I felt like I was in a movie because the scenery was so beautiful (also pictured a sheep.)



After about an hour or so of walking on rocks, cliffs, and in high grass we made it. It was well worth it; however, I did rip my jeans in the process so there is one down side. After hanging out there for a few hours we headed back into downtown Swansea to catch our train back. I had to go see Swansea City's stadium before I left (The local football team) so I made a quick hour walk there and back to see it. Overall, this was a great weekend. I loved Wales and the beauty it possesses. I made memories but also learned somethings the hard way.  Hope all is well back home.


Our home for the night.





Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Pfffft. I had one bit of advice for you after I slept on the street in Ireland and Switzerland, and you didn't even listen to me... Oh well, welcome to the Euro-Homeless Club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's why I ignored the advice.. to join your club.

      Delete